Raincloud marked choker necklace

Thanks for letting me join the group, please tell me what you know about this it is more choker length, who made it , age , any value?, garage sale find, thanks

6 Likes

It is an interesting piece. You think of the style as Navajo and the hallmark as Hopi. I couldn’t find the mark, hopefully someone on here knows it. I think value could change considerably if we could identity. The necklace is 1960s, possibly older. You usually get an odd number for balance on necklace, the four stones give it a unique look.

1 Like

Defiantly different- very very nice : )

1 Like

Thanks , enjoying the group great to look at all the items. Have some more pieces to show when i get time.

1 Like

Thanks for looking, just got this and several more last week trying to learn a little more about them.

2 Likes

Here is a past thread regarding rain cloud hallmarks.

1 Like

Beautiful necklace. Yes, the whole cloud hallmark thing is weird. I had seen the fake cloud hallmarks on the Amerindien website, but this one looks a bit different. But like Jason said, it’s a puzzle cause the Hallmark seems Hopi and the piece seems Navajo. Some items might remain a mystery!

2 Likes

I love the turquoise, anyone know what kind it could be?

Ok, I am by no means very knowledgeable on this, but the stones remind me a bit of my buckle with (pretty sure) King’s Manassa turquoise.[Info on bolo piece please] This was the discussion on here. (Info on bolo piece please)

But this turquoise seems a little lighter from the picture.