Some Favorite Pins

Many of these pins are signed or have a maker’s mark & can be worn as pendants, but not all of them. The single Kokopelli photo is because I forgot to include it in the grouping. This pin is a recent purchase and is signed “Tc Singer” in script and stamped sterling

19 Likes

What a fun collection! I never wear pins, but have a fair number of them which for me have officially become pendants.

Interesting, one of your kokopelli pins looks like a rabbit! Kokobunny? :laughing:

I am especially drawn to the top row.

5 Likes

Thanks! Kokobunny, that’s too funny! It does look like a rabbit. It’s signed by Santa Fe artist Miles Standish. The petroglyph Kokopelli is signed by Navajo silversmith Timm Lewis. I only wear all these as pins never as pendants, lol.

4 Likes

Great collection! I see one of mine down there at center bottom. The Pueblo themed lizard I designed for a critter line in the late 80s.

10 Likes

Thank you! Oh, that’s so cool that you designed the lizard pin. It’s a beautiful pin, and I wear it often.

4 Likes

Always get a kick out of meeting people who wear my designs! Somewhere,I have photos of the whole line. When I come across them, I’ll post them.

8 Likes

Ooh I love wearing pins - I have a lovely concho and my Haida Hamatsa brooch, so a collection of 2. But I have lots of non-NA pins I wear a lot of. A co-worker (who’s younger than I am) also has a nice collection, but we’re considered a little odd because we wear them… ah well.

5 Likes

@Patina I love your little sheep, it’s adorable. And your collection is magnificent. The mix of figural and abstract forms is very appealing. Which ones do you find yourself wearing most often?

I enjoy wearing brooches too, even if I have far too many jackets that would be damaged by them. Thank goodness for pin-to-pendant converters! And most hats look great with the addition of a brooch or two, don’t you think?

3 Likes

Wonderful assortment.
What is this one? 6th row, 3rd one from left? It looks like a track of sorts to me.

4 Likes

Love that lizard. Please post the photos!

4 Likes

I didn’t wear my turquoise jewelry to work but now that I’m newly retired, I wear it every day. I never leave the house without wearing jewelry, lol.

4 Likes

Thanks! Well, the newest pin is always my “favorite” & gets worn a lot, until the next purchase. Really, though, I wear the smaller pins much more often. The pins in the top row are large & heavy. I only wear those with a jean jacket/jean shirt. Oh, yeah, pins look terrific on hats.

2 Likes

Thanks! I hope I’m describing the pin you’re asking about. I always thought it resembled a paw print. It’s a beaded pin backed with leather. It’s signed “By Margo” (Margo Rosas). I bought the pin decades ago @ the N.O. Jazz & Heritage Festival where she sold her beautiful beadwork. I also have a pair of her wonderful beaded earrings.

2 Likes

Great collection and great variety. I don’t think I would be able to pick a favorite. I like almost all of them!

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words. Variety is one of my joys of being a jewelry collector for over 30 years (and not just turquoise collecting). I don’t collect any specific jewelry artist(s) though I totally understand & respect people who do that.

4 Likes

Here are my pins. my favs are circled. The single one I just got in the mail today! 5 on the top are Mexican.

(upload://5xFGoebSzktrLIvg8Joek8GvqGc.jpeg)

7 Likes

Very nice collection! I really like the turquoise pin on the left that’s circled. And, I’m partial to that bear paw pin in the 1st row.

Nice collection! Are those tiny dragons pulling a Cinderella coach?? And I see your roadrunner from the bird thread :grin: Love him.

Oooo, a pronghorn! I love Pronghorns; saw them all over WY. I almost bought a Hopi pronghorn pendant instead of my thunderbird one.

1 Like

That turquoise pin is one I adore. I don’t own any big spiderweb turquoise so smaller ones will do for me…and I am drawn towards green colored turquoise. @ziacat…I think those animals are mice, but I can see how you thought they were dragons. It is a Taxco piece stealing a Margo de Taxco design…not signed by her. The pronghorn…new word for me…is another of my favs…made by Mitchell Sockyma. Thank you guys!

2 Likes

Here’s a little more about pronghorn…an amazing animal from the American west.Pronghorn: Racers on the Great Plains (U.S. National Park Service)

1 Like