Temporary Ring Resizing

I need some help.

My childhood sweetheart recently proposed to me and gave me this ring.

We have been on again and off again since the 1970’s.

The ring holds so much meaning for us.
A diamond stands the test of time, which we have,
The opal signifies water. Most of our most memorable moments, including when we first met, have been on, in ,or near water.
The two swirls above the opal/diamond are us, embracing our past.

The ring is a size 7.5. It will only fit on my middle, left finger right now.
I have rheumatoid arthritis in my hands which comes and goes.
My hands are great right now, but change often.
Today my ring finger is a 6. Tomorrow, it might be a 7.

Does anyone know of an adjustable ring resizer that would accommodate my needs?
I am considering one of the PVC, clear rubber band types on Amazon, but looking for a more permanent solution.
I have a small farm, garden, bar tend part time and use my hands a lot.

Thank you

8 Likes

Congratulations! What a lovely ring with beautiful symbolism. Wishing you all the best!

I have no solution to your problem, and I would also be interested in hearing if anybody else has any ideas. I don’t have rheumatoid arthritis in my fingers, but mine shrink and swell some also.

2 Likes

Thank you so much.
A few years ago, my ring finger was a size 8.
In the 1970’s it was a 5.
Arthritis is a pain in so many ways…

2 Likes

Made of medical grade vinyl tubing sliced so ring slips in

2 Likes

@fernwood Congratulations🎉! Your ring is so pretty and I just love all the special meaning it holds for both of you. Wishing y’all much joy and happiness.

2 Likes

Congrats! For such a sentimental item I recommend a karat gold finger-fit type shank. They open to allow for our aged and enlarged knuckles.

2 Likes

the silicone/plastic spirals work fairly well

These are cheap but tend to wear through the shank on your ring over time

This is a permanent solution, and involves your jeweler swapping shanks so that your ring is adjustable to allow for arthritic or injured knuckles

7 Likes

I got nothin’ tehnical to add, just want to say hearty congrats! :star_struck:

3 Likes

Love the ring and all of it’s meanings. I wish you both lots of happiness along your journey.

3 Likes

Thank you for the suggestions.
I ordered some of the spiral ones. They should work.
Will give an update next week.

1 Like

Congratulations Fernwood! Wishing both of you many, many years of wedded bliss!

2 Likes

Thank you.
I would be happy with 10 years together, due to some physical limitations we both have.
He is a 100% disabled Veteran.
I have early stage ALS, but my Mom lived for about 20 years after she had similar symptoms.
I also have some permanent back/neck injuries.

6 Likes

Blessings to both of you!

4 Likes

What a wonderful story!

4 Likes

Congratulations Fernwood!!! That’s so nice to hear!

3 Likes

Blessings to you both, and thank you to your fiance for his service. I so enjoy your posts on here, Fernwood. You have had such a wide range of experiences in your life which gives you wonderful insight. I believe you will have many more great times together!

4 Likes

Your opal ring is beyond beautiful, but the feeling and symbolism behind it is even more beautiful. I wish you and your fiance every happiness in the future.

2 Likes

Congratulations @fernwood!!! Here’s to many happy years together. The ring is so meaningful; what a beautiful symbol for you two.

2 Likes

Congrats @fernwood! That’s a lovely ring

1 Like