Tibetan Turquoise

I think the piece that is more blue looks Tibetan. The other looks Chinese, which really doesn’t matter to me. I think they are both beautiful and worth $24 a piece. Right? I am right, right? Lol

1 Like

If these are for sale, what is the seller saying? Curious what are the details leaning you to Tibetan vs. Chinese origin.

1 Like

The seller said they were both Tibetan. What is your opion? They look so totally different from each other. The matrix on the first one looked Chinese to me but i am just beginning to learn about Turquoise, i would appreciate your valued opion on these 2 pieces as i am going to buy them. They are both in Sterling. I will send better pics when i get them.I asked Jason about some books so i can study. I have a little piece of green i want to show you. Its a Mystery as i have no idea what it is but its so beautiful and their

is just something so special about it.

1 Like

Here you go for a useful list of books. https://forum.turquoisepeople.com/t/books-on-southwest-indian-jewelry/3871

People here tend to be cautious and to listen well when the discussion of turquoise types comes up, because it’s very difficult and requires a boatload of hands-on knowledge and study to know one thing from other. It’s a fun journey!

1 Like

Ok, Lol. Im more concerned about fake then i am where its from to be honest.

1 Like

The pendents are real Turquoise right? Do u like that little green stone, pretty right!

1 Like

Thank you for the book suggestion. I find it fascinating when all the brainiacs on here start talking back and forth about a piece. Hey could you take a look at these stones…since your one of the brainiacs on here. I bought these gorgeous stones and someone suggested Varacite which would not break my heart if they are. Lol. Here you go and i so appreciate you!

1 Like