Turquoise Artwork

Lisa Danielle, Touches of Turquoise

7 Likes

This one just popped up on a website. Fitting for this thread and from a relatively famous artist. :wink:

An early Charles Loloma Kachina mural formerly in The Hopi High School now on display at The Heard Museum in Phoenix, Arizona.

7 Likes

“Pueblo Woman Grinding Corn”
Pablita Velarde

I knew Pablita, she did her grocery shopping at the store where I worked.

8 Likes

R.C. Gorman

5 Likes

So nice, those are really good ones. Love the Swanson…wow !!!

1 Like

If you like Ray Swanson’s work, here is one of my favorites…

6 Likes

This pic is in my Trading Post Guidebook.

This one is a bit of a stretch, but it hangs on my wall, so I’ll push the limits. When I looked really close, the middle rider has on silver earrings :crazy_face:

I bought the poster at the National Museum of American Art in DC decades ago when my brother lived there.

Sorry, the lights reflecting are my chile pepper Christmas lights which permanently hang in our living room.

4 Likes

When I was a kid we lived in Wide Ruins which is the home of the Toddy family and always felt like the work captured the Navajo landscape and people I knew.

9 Likes

Love that! Years ago we almost bought a Wide Ruins rug at Teec Nos Pos Trading Post, but ended up with another.

1 Like

One of my favorite artforms - Hopi Kachina carvings from cottonwood root. Here’s one from our collection by Aaron Honyumptewa, son of Stetson Honyumptewa.

White Bear (Hon)

9 Likes

@TAH
Wow, that kachina is really spectacular!

1 Like

Thank you…wow , that image is amazing . So sweet and beautiful !!!
Appreciate !

1 Like

Fred Harvey era post card

5 Likes

Another artist I’m drawn to is Logan Maxwell Hagege. Most of the time his subjects are wrapped in blankets. Rarely does he include any type of jewelry. Here we get a glimpse of a concho belt.

7 Likes

I REALLY love this. I’ll have to check the artist out.

3 Likes

Here’s one by the famous Olaf Wieghorst (1899-1988) and a photo of the artist himself.

4 Likes

Joseph Jacinto Mora (1876-1947)

8 Likes

Edgar Alwin Payne (1883-1947)

7 Likes

Turquoise jewelry in Navajo Yei weaving…

4 Likes

Charles Russell (1864-1926). I mostly think of Russell painting or sculpting Plains Indians and cowboys, not so much Southwest Indians, but he did.

Navajo Trackers

The Navajo

4 Likes