Turquoise bird necklace

Hello , a Friend recently purchased this necklace and was wondering if it is authentic. My only observation I could offer to her was that the chain look like a replacement. Any thoughts on the “turquoise” thank you

1 Like

I have one too.

3 Likes

She cannot find any markings on hers- is yours signed?

1 Like

Mine is not marked at all. Recently I’ve been talking to some fairly knowledgeable people who seem to think none of these articulated wing bird pendants are native made but I’m not 100% certain on that. Does anyone else have any input? I know there also is a large size with a 7" wingspan.

2 Likes

Do you think they are real turquoise?

1 Like

I have one also and Bigbree43 told me she thinks some of them are NA. Wasn’t there a previous post on here about this?

3 Likes
2 Likes

I have a similar necklace that I bought in Arizona in the late 1980s or early 90s. It is stamped “H Spencer, sterling” with a curved arrow. Apparently this is Harry Spencer, a Navajo artist who made jewelry starting in the 1970s. It looks authentic. I can post pics if people are interested in seeing it.

4 Likes

Yes pics please we looooove pics!
Thank you EllenC

2 Likes

I think the post was on our Facebook group about fake Native jewelry.

2 Likes

Here are the pics. The poor bird lost one foot and I’ve been meaning to replace it, but just never got around to it.

![Eagle necklace back 1|500x500](upload://kN e2XXveoh68zSI8J7juY2tF9LH.jpeg)

4 Likes

Who needs feet when you can fly…:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve seen a lot of these…it’s a popular style. There are a lot of fakes out there. The Spencer one looks more real but hard to say about the first one.

1 Like

I’m
Wondering if the piece I posted is block turquoise?

Tara, a few more pictures might help; the one pic you posted is a little blurry and the other far away. But from what I’m seeing I suspect this one is block, and not hand carved.

1 Like