Turquoise Encylopedia--American Mines

Wow! Fabulous Naja, especially with a Royston Montezuma cab! I honestly know nothing about Royston Montezuma vs Royston, but this is beautiful. And thanks for pointing out another book ( I have the first) I need to purchase😄.
I’d love to see more examples!

3 Likes

Thank you @Bmpdvm. I had no idea what the cab was when I bought it. I knew I had not encountered anything like it.
The new book, 2022, has an interview with Tristan Otteson about Montezuma Royston. I’ve not had the book an hour and am already pleased with the info in it.

5 Likes

This link also mentions it. It’s a beautiful stone.

4 Likes

I love seeing how different stones from the same mine can be. These are the first documented Royston Stones I have, and to me they look completely different from each other.

And they look very different from the one @here4turquoise just posted. And to me none of them look quite like what I have in my mind as classic Royston.

5 Likes

That is so cool that a piece of your NA turquoise jewelry is in a book! What a sweet surprise.

2 Likes

I want to clarify, I overlaid my naja on the book’s image. My piece is not part of the book. I’m sorry if I misled anyone!

3 Likes

I love all of your pieces! Royston, Reggie, all you have shared.

3 Likes

Thanks so much, I love yours also :smile: It’s so wonderful to see such variety of jewelry. I even wear my stuff around the house!

3 Likes

@here4turquoise I don’t feel misled at all. I misunderstood what I was looking at. LOL, sometimes I’m just an excitable child when it comes to all things turquoise. Thanks for clarifying.

3 Likes

I wear my turquoise around the house, too!
And non- turquoise jewelry as well.
I must wear some sort of necklace, earrings, bracelet and rings at all times. Unless sleeping. Ha!

4 Likes

So according to what I’ve read, the currently active Royston mines are the Royal Blue, Montezuma, Aztec and High Grade Ridge mines. Might explain the wonderful variety of turquoise produced in the Royston Mining District. This is a natural Royston cab I purchased years ago, different from other Royston I’ve seen:

6 Likes

I’d really like to someday purchase a Royston stone like this…

Or this…

5 Likes

I just bought this…I loved the robin egg blue turquoise…sleeping beauty. And a great hallmark always helps. Only thing is…I thought it would fit but it is too large. Would you recommend me try to make it smaller or should I take it in to get fitted? Right now I can’t do anything since I injured my dominant thumb.

5 Likes

Fantastic cuff, beautiful clear Sleeping Beauty! I can sometimes squeeze this type of cuff in gently to narrow the gap. Haven’t had any problems doing that so far. A friend of mine says she puts her cuff in a low oven to relax the sterling a bit…but unless it’s quite thick, I don’t think it’s necessary. Otherwise I’ve heard of people lining the interior with moleskin to make it fit better and control slipping.

4 Likes

Just FYI, an article from last year, Anthony Lovado honored as a2023 Living Treasure. Hope you can open it😉
https://ladailypost.com/exhibit-honors-miac-2023-living-treasure-anthony-lovato/

3 Likes

I also usually adjust my cuffs like this. I do warm them either by wearing them for a while or holding them in my hands and then gently squeeze or pull apart as needed. That looks doable once your thumb heals.

1 Like

Thanks ladies…I will try running it under hot water and then slowly squeeze it and hopefully it will tighten. Thumb is swollen and colorful…so I will wait. :+1:

2 Likes

I hope your thumb feels better soon, @nanc9354 ! :heartbeat:

3 Likes

Thank you for this, awesome (I could open it :grin:)!

1 Like

A picture I took at the Turquoise Museum in Albuquerque!

13 Likes