Two New Pieces!

Yay! Cashed in my credit card reward dollars the other day on these two items. I normally don’t go for gigantic rings like this, but the color is just awesome. It is Kingman, and I’m guessing the artist name is maybe Carson Lee? Partially cut off with the ring shank.

This next one, I cannot read the artist name on the back; maybe someone here has better eyes than I! I’m told this one is something of a rarity; it is Tyrone turquoise.

15 Likes

E. Piaso (Navajo). Active since 1980s. Mark: E. PIASO

4 Likes

Beautiful pieces! I completely applaud your use of credit card points :laughing: I’ve only seen Tyrone turquoise in pictures, and that does look like it; I would love to have a piece of it someday. But man, I love your big piece of water web Kingman! You could use that ring as a weapon if necessary :grin:

1 Like

@Xtina That’s an impressive ring! Beautiful turquoise. I tend to prefer larger rings myself. Congrats on getting that beauty.

2 Likes

That humongous ring!
I love love love it!!!

And Tyrone turquoise, yay for New Mexico turquoise!

1 Like

I think it is Larson Lee. I have a ring by them too

6 Likes

This was sold to me as being by Larson Lee but I’ve never been able to match it up to anything or found anything with the additional half crescent stamp in the hallmark!

2 Likes

I don’t have time to dig much right now, but this is the only hallmark I found for Larson Lee.

I also found it interesting that almost everything I looked at online (granted I didn’t have time to look at much) didn’t bother to show the hallmark. But I finally found one that had the same as this.

4 Likes

That’s the hallmark on my wife’s Larson Lee cuff.

4 Likes

That’s beautiful. It’s a nice size for stacking; I think maybe she needs another one :grinning:

5 Likes

Hey, keep it down or she might hear you! :shushing_face:

5 Likes

Just an FYI, this is what I found for Larson L. Lee in Bille Hougart’s 4th edition:

I don’t have the 5th edition so it’s possible that “LARSON L. LEE” is either a newer mark or was unknown to Hougart at the time of publication of the 4th edition (2019).

Edited to add: Found this also: Larson L Lee | Jewelry Maker's Marks Wiki | Fandom

5 Likes

4 Likes

Thank you, everyone for the wealth of information that you’ve shared here! And for the nice compliments. Yes, @Ziacat , although my husband would disagree, I think that was a perfect way to spend credit card dollars! :wink:

@Steve , as usual, you are detective skills are right on!

So it looks like Larson Lee has a few different hallmarks, which I hear isn’t completely unusual.

@TAH , @AC , @Emily your pieces are also beautiful! @Emily , your ring definitely has the same style and edging as mine. Thanks for sharing them!

So appreciate all the education, camaraderie, and information that I get from this group!

6 Likes

Love love love your water web Kingman ring!!! Very yummy :heart:

2 Likes

I have three new pieces. Bought the three in one lot on auction.

One is a small sandcast cuff…the other two are pictured here.

The one signed MV? Is that a spiderweb Kingman or 8 mine? Any idea of age? Anyone familiar with hallmark?

The other one perplexes me. The stone looks like Cerrillos. The stamping looks Navajo. The front looks almost Fred Harvey style but the cuff is heavy. It is unsigned. Any thoughts or ideas about this one?

4 Likes

I’m not sure about the stone on the first cuff; I’m not very good at recognizing Number 8 turquoise. As far as the second one, I really like it. But I’m not good at telling reproduction vs older Fred Harvey style jewelry. But the stone is very green.

1 Like

@nanc9354 Really nice cuffs. I’m going out on a limb here with the green stone in your 2nd photo. Maybe it’s jade though I’m not saying that’s what yours is. Watched a short Mark Sublette vid yesterday on a terrific ingot cuff (1900s) with a line of green stones. He suspected that at least 2 of the stones were jade. (They were really dark green, no matrix.) I hope you can get your stone identified!
ETA: Mark Sublette is the owner of Medicine Man Gallery in Tucson, AZ.

2 Likes

@Ziacat and @Patina …Thank you…yes…stone is very green…seems like turquoise since there is variations in color…A lot of Fred Harvey used Cerillos…so that’s what I’m thinking but I just looked up Fred Harvey Jade and found one with a similar stone…so who knows. Also found a cuff online that was thick and had cerillos and they labeled it Fred Harvey. :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:. Either way it is cute. I will probably end up selling the tufa cast…it is small and will never fit anyone in my family.

3 Likes