Types of Turquoise

Sharing this reference I found.
A little history on various turquoise mines and specimen photos.

10 Likes

Thanks @fernwood . Helped to ID my ā€œlikelyā€ Blue Moon turquoise pendant.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve tried to look at this site in the past, and it wonā€™t let me open it. It wants me to put in my email address, and Iā€™m always hesitant to do that for fear I will be bombarded with emails. Did either of you have that trouble?

Not yet @Ziacat . I did get a spam last night from #docuscan at irs dot govā€. Have no idea how they get an email. I think itā€™s when a false ad in FB marketplace or Craigslist is opened.

Thanks, Iā€™ll prob give it try later.

I swear my phone literally listens to me talkā€¦:flushed:

1 Like

No problems. I did get a pop up to sign up for a mailing list, but I just closed it.

2 Likes

Thanks @fernwood
Thatā€™s was a good source. I didnā€™t have any problems reading it, and it didnā€™t ask for email.
It just made me want to buy more stones!

You are not imagining it @Ziacat . We have tracked our phone conversations with key words and like magic we get ads for key word items. Some say the phones can even listen when not being used. I think it was the Israelis that came up with the program first. The wonders of technology.

1 Like

I am using a laptop with enhanced security features. Maybe that makes a difference.

1 Like

Okay this is really weird. I have tried to get into that site many times, and the pop-up email wouldnā€™t close out for me, granted this is all on my phone (and sometimes my tablet, I donā€™t have the site on my laptop because itā€™s very slow right now). I decided Iā€™d try it again quickly, and now thereā€™s no email pop up. My phone knew I was getting mad at it? :rofl:

Anyway, it looks like a really interesting site and when I have time later today Iā€™m going to look at it more closely. Thereā€™s some turquoise on there I had never heard of, or at least hadnā€™t seen very much. Thanks for the link!

1 Like

Hi @Ziacat, you could try reading it through the website 12 ft (known as 12 Foot Ladder). This website strips away pop-ups, ads and banners and lets you read a webpage without a lot of the clutter and advertising distracdtions.

1. Go to the 12 ft webpage at https://12ft.io/
  2. Paste the link https://sunwesthandmade.com/turquoise into the field
  3. Click ā€˜Clean Webpageā€™

Youā€™ll have to scroll down a bit (it transforms the navigation bar at the top so that it takes up a lot of space), but it gives you the page without pop-ups. At least, it worked for me.

4 Likes

Thank You! Very valuable and important postā€‹:pray::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I got a pop up when I initially, but selected the ā€œcloseā€ option. Then the site was finešŸ˜Š. I donā€™t think it asked for my emailā€¦just to allow cookies. In my experience most site work fine without allowing their cookies.

2 Likes

Watching reruns of Person of Interest. Ahead of itā€™s time.

1 Like