What’s your favorite piece of Turquoise in your collection?

Do you have a favorite piece of turquoise in your collection (set or not yet set)?

I have a couple and this is one, I was told it was Number Eight but I think the stone on top is Pilot Mountain and the stone on the bottom is Number Eight. It’s not a “go to” piece for me but does get its share of attention when I take her out for a walk…

33 Likes

I thought this was a ring at first. I thought to myself, “oh that’s nice.” I kept looking closer and then said out loud, “holy crap it’s a bracelet!!!” That’s so beautiful! Do you know the artist?

5 Likes

LOL — it was made by Robert Lee Smiley. I’ve only seen two or three of his pieces so not sure how long he was working. Funny story, I saw this bracelet in a window display during a rainstorm while riding the bus, it stood out like a diamond. I think I said “holy crap” too! I ran to the store the next day on my lunchbreak and bought it on the spot. Would love to know more about him.

7 Likes

How is that upper piece set onto the lower one…? Is there a hole in the lower piece of turquoise, or a post or something to support it, or whattttt???

2 Likes

This is a really cool piece. I have seen these done both ways, glued and then drilled. I imagine this top piece has a pin that fits into a drilled hole on the bottom stone.

2 Likes

I was wondering how it would be done… mostly for the sake of structural stability of that top piece… If it had just been only glued/epoxied on, it might be knocked off by a bad rap at the wrong angle.

1 Like

I’m glad Jason could opine because I didn’t know, and I’m going to do my best not to knock it off and find out!

1 Like

that’s cool, share a pic when you get it off.

3 Likes

I have several also, about to be eclipsed in the next several weeks but this is 1 of 2 top faves.

4 1/8 x 3 1/2 overall and 264 gr. I was told it’s Burnham turquoise but I’m a long way from trying to id the type myself.

18 Likes

That’s amazing! Might almost be like lifting weights every time you lift your arm. The setting is beautiful too. And you’re going to eclipse this one in the next few weeks? Please share a pic of the newbie when it arrives!

4 Likes

I meant to say that I’m trying my best NOT to knock off the top stone (and therefore may never know for sure whether it’s hinged, glued, both, or none of the above) :slightly_smiling_face:

Will share once I have enough strength to lift it - almost double the weight. It will be for physical therapy of my arm…:grimacing:

4 Likes

That cuff is gorgeous! I’m sure it gets plenty of compliments.

2 Likes

These are both gorgeous!

3 Likes

What a great topic! LOL - Loving the comments. Mine is the beautiful piece of Royston that has yet to be purchased for my collection!:crazy_face:

6 Likes

Just found this thread - these are my favorites!!

that is a split shank ring about the size of a half dollar.

20 Likes

Love that last one!!

1 Like

Always the latest one purchased :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

I believe I owe this post with the monster watch band. It is only 16oz…

10 Likes

and the rest of the views…

19 Likes