What’s your favorite piece of Turquoise in your collection?

Holy Crap!!! YOU WIN!!!

6 Likes

That is beautiful. I love the design.

LOL! meant it last year when I said it would be physical therapy for the arm…

1 Like

Thank you. It more than called to me, it out & out floored me when I first saw it.

Oh Dear, I’m speechless! I Love looking at these treasures!

Wow! I’m tucking my tail. I don’t have anything to compare …YET! But I’ll be back, lol! Sure do love this post!

1 Like

Is one arm now longer than the other? Stunning! There are big pieces, but this one has outstanding aesthetics too! Congratulations!

2 Likes

Wow, I just looked again, I didn’t even notice the horse and antelopes on the terminal ends the first time, I only saw the ones on either side of the watch. Very memorable piece!

For me to wear a piece of that size, I’m gonna have to hit the gym more often. :woozy_face: :grin:

Right, a full pound, that’s like 450 grams. I don’t think my chunkiest squash blossom weighs that much.

This is not huge or expensive. It was a watch fob owned by an elderly Native man named Juan (do not know tribe). He gave it to a relative of mine in the 1950’s and she gave it to me later.

25 Likes

It’s not about size or price as we each have different tastes and items mean different things to each of us as well. I’d be a proud owner of this fob too! Thanks for sharing.

7 Likes

Whoops first pic was out of focus so I deleted it…
One of my favorite pieces is a pair of earrings my dear hubby bought for me on vacation near Wall, SD. They are a bit heavy but so pretty with slightly different shades of turquoise. And I feel pretty when I wear them. :nerd_face:

14 Likes

What a gorgeous stone! I love the blue and green, it would have caught me immediately!

1 Like

I’m not a good photographer, and I gave away a couple of these after the photo was taken, but the big blue pendant is my all-time favorite piece of turquoise. Bought it at a local antique shop, now defunct. I wear it all the time, on various silver bead necklaces.

The shadow-box pendant at top right is a Lorenzo Secatero piece, the triple stone pin/pendant is by Tommy Moore, and the pin with the green turquoise and a chip is the first piece I ever bought, somewhere in Arizona in the mid-1970’s. Its only mark is a small whirling log on the back, which the last time I looked was an unknown mark.

This is just a small part of my collection–more later!

15 Likes

Lovely stones! I would love to see more.

2 Likes

I have a new ring that might fit this category for me—#8

28 Likes

What a gorgeous stone!

2 Likes

Thank you! The #8 mine is one of my favorites, especially with that classic spiderweb matrix.

Show us a hand shot! Looks huge😍

1 Like