Zuni petit point pin?

@Islandmomma had something similar today that reminded me of this so I thought I would post it.

I have no information on this piece. I’m assuming it’s Zuni petit point. It just seems old. It has an even dark patina on it. I took one picture with flash one without. It’s sitting on pink paper, sorry. No markings at all. It is an inch and a half in diameter and weighs 8g.
Any idea of age, value and possibly the turquoise?

1 Like

Nice pin. It made me go weigh mine. It came in at 11g. I think both have some age: probably pre-80’s. I think mine may be slightly older based on the length of the pin. I wish I knew the turquoise, possibly Sleeping Beauty. I’m hoping one of the knowledgeable people will jump in and help us out. I’m sure you are as interested in finding out about yours as I am in mine.

1 Like

Your’s is definitely more interesting.

1 Like

It is difficult to determine which is older or the exact turquoise. Islandmomma pin has Tobe Turpen Jr.'s code on the back, translates to $17 dollars, dates it to the 70s-80s.

1 Like

That’s really cool to know! Do you have any idea about the artist who made it? I also hope the price has gone up since then. Thanks!

1 Like

Prices have definitely gone up. Without a mark it wold be difficult. Lots of times a Zuni artist will make the same thing over and over, but I can’t seam to find another like this one.

1 Like

I have only found one. It is currently on Etsy in a shop called MacsIndian from Tucson. It is slightly larger at 2 1/4” and has three rows of turquoise vs the two that mine has. They are asking $300.00

I just wanted to put a link back to Islandmomma’s pin.

1 Like