2 New Purchases

These beauties arrived yesterday. The pin resembles a stylized butterfly to me. Signed M SILVER (Marie Silver, Navajo), no other hallmarks. The ring was sold as Royston turquoise. Signed W Denetdale, Navajo and stamped sterling. Um, that’s my makeshift twist tie ring-sizer that you see on the shank.

13 Likes

Oooh! Pretty!
I love the ring!

1 Like

They are both lovely! Beautiful turquoise.

It’s really interesting that you posted this, because I have a ring also marked M SILVER. I stumbled on an old thread in which Jason mentions that Marie Silver worked at one point for Tobe Turpen, which is now Perry Null. I added a post with my ring, because I have a question about her. So you might find his thread interesting. Help with Zuni Hallmark

2 Likes

Oh, and I like the twist tie idea. I have a pawn ring I bought at Blair’s Dinnebito Trading Post in Page AZ (another wonderful trading post closed for good :cry:) that has thread still on it from the previous owner wrapped in the same way on the band. At least I know it was worn and loved.

2 Likes

@Ziacat Very interesting thread. My pin doesn’t have the “TT” hallmark, either. I’d be interested in an answer to your question about the lack of that on some jewelry. That’s a great looking ring! I searched her name online - only found 1 helpful source: https://www.toh-atin.com. They have listed a concho belt signed M SILVER. No “TT” hallmark, but it does have mysterious letters engraved on the back (a trading post pricing code?). Unfortunately, there’s no bio of her on the web site.

2 Likes

I would guess it’s a trading post code. And thanks for linking that, I hadn’t seen that one. I’ve only seen a few things when I looked her up in the past.

Maybe Jason can answer our question…

2 Likes

Both pieces are absolutely stunning. I love the stone in your ring particularly.

1 Like