Belt Buckles & Concho Belts

I think they’re just called link concho belts.

3 Likes

Okay, Thank you for the clarification on this Ziacat! I don’t always know what I don’t know.
US

2 Likes

@Khmetalwork I found out about Oogs Hogan from wonderful people in this group….this will be my first visit; I’m excited! It’s on the way toPhoenix, so a perfect stop!

4 Likes

Soooo jealous! We will definitely stop on our next trip thru AZ

3 Likes

Joe Quintana (Cochiti) buckle in his classic design.

Peter Nelson (Navajo) buckle.

The Quintana one is much smaller.

9 Likes

@chicfarmer Your JHQ buckle is the definition of simple elegance. Love it! I’m also familiar with Peter Nelson’s work. Our daughter owns one of his cuffs with the same precision overlay work. Both beautiful pieces with nice complimentary belts! Thanks for the photos. :+1:

3 Likes

So I was at the Heard Museum this past weekend for their artist’s fair and market and what did I find inside the museum in their collections but @TAH ‘s cast buckle:

6 Likes

There’s my buckle! I’ve been looking for it. Those Heard guys are always borrowing my stuff without asking. :grin:

7 Likes

hoping for that “hot” date?

1 Like

Lucky you! Maybe some year my schedule will be different and I can go. Hope you could shop and find something wonderful!!

2 Likes

Love these! The Quintana buckle has a bit of the look of my mom’s sandcast buckle.

2 Likes

:question: Sorry, newpawn. I’m not pickin’ up what you’re puttin’ down.

5 Likes

Hi Z,

There’s some kinship there, though I imagine yours is full size. The JHQ buckle is small but mighty. :yum: The Quintana is distinctive for being layered, with a solid, dark-patina ground for the design.

For scale:

5 Likes

It’s beeeeauutiful! (My autocorrect kept trying to change that Lol)

And I really love the design on the other one. I would so wear those!

2 Likes

Thank you. I wish I’d thought to polish the Nelson buckle to better show off the elaborate and beautiful execution. I think he’s an undervalued maker, for the quality.

2 Likes

lol…this isn’t my day,is it? was just joking about “the boys” borrowing dad’s buckle to show off at the bar.
I also was being very careful when sewing sleeves just now(after discovering how slippery silk is) & found them inside out when done.
sigh
maybe leftovers is good idea tonight-lord knows what I’d do to a recipe.

2 Likes

Okay, gotta ask. Who are “the boys”? :confused:

1 Like

@Vladinard …what is that green and red stone on the buckle on the second row, second from the right? That one is an oddity! That’s a great colllection!

1 Like

I really need to start wearing belts so I can have a need for a great buckle!! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

My buckles so far

8 Likes