Butterfly pin

Does anyone have any thoughts on this pin, a member of the group suggested the arrows may be Kenneth Jones, but wasn’t sure about the bottom mark and I can’t find it eith…I any ideas on age?

14 Likes

I feel like I’ve seen this mark before…
Love the pendant!

1 Like

Nice butterfly. I believe the stick figure mark is the Carl Luthy shop.

Thank you for the reply, not Luthy found that hallmark, not a match.

1 Like

Sorry that didn’t help. It’s really a nice butterfly. Did you try a google search of the hallmark? It might work.

1 Like

Thank you, I tried a reverse image search - no luck. …got a lot of hallmarks and images of Chinese characters.

1 Like

Lovely, fanciful, beautifully executed!

3 Likes

It’s really nice, whomever made it was meticulous. I especially like the file work on the body. No solder blobs, the added bail, bezels are perfectly fitted & remain tight, no saw marks on the edges. Beautiful work.

3 Likes

Completely agree!. Really nice, clean work. Hallmark looks like an Apache Devil Dancer. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if this piece came out of Arizona.

1 Like

Dang it, I just came across this hallmark in an older post on this site a week or so ago. But now I can’t remember what it was, of course. But no one could figure out to whom the stamp belonged…but I remember it was on an absolutely gorgeous ring.

Edit: found it. Anyone recognize this artist? although I see now they’re not exactly the same. I remembered it because it reminds me of a little spaceman.

1 Like

Yes I’ve gotten the same off base replies with hallmark searches.

source: https://www.gregthorne.store/all/p/b37

4 Likes

Well, there ya go!! Yay Steve

2 Likes

Thank you Steve! I’ve sent an email to Mr. Thorne asking to authenticate it and hopefully get a date as well. Thanks again!

3 Likes

@Khmetalwork , did you ever get a response to your inquiry?

This is such a lovely piece!

Beautiful big piece :blush: