Chip inlay sterling belt buckle - mark ID please

Hi everyone! I’m new here and I found this forum while researching the mark on this piece I just bought. It’s a vintage turquoise and coral chip inlay belt buckle, measuring almost 3” long. It appears to possibly symbolize peyote birds, but I’m unsure. I know Tommy Singer is well known (or the creator) of this style, but I’ve been unable to attribute the mark to him, or anyone else, so far. I haven’t cleaned it or anything, and the colors are more vivid than I could get in the pictures. I saw someone attribute the mark (on eBay or Etsy maybe), to Gibson Gene, but I don’t think that’s correct after looking into it further. Any help would be very much appreciated!

2 Likes

nice looking buckle. this site has the mark listed as unidentified

source: http://www.art-amerindien.com/hallmarks/2-indian-picto-signature-hallmarks.htm#inconnu

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply! I did see that, but since the site hasn’t been updated in over a year, I was hoping someone might have identified it elsewhere (or already knew). If you have any other research resources I would be glad to do the legwork. Much appreciated!

2 Likes

there are several book$$ dealing with Native American hallmarks that other member here have in hand so hang in there and see if any clues are found.

gg

2 Likes

https://www.medicinemangallery.com/native-american-art/indian-jewelry/identify-native-american-indian-jewelry-hallmarks

2 Likes

I think we have had others post pieces with this mark on here. Am I remembering correctly?

3 Likes

Thank you, I did try looking first, but couldn’t find anything. Sorry if it’s repetitive.

2 Likes

No, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean that. I was just wondering if anybody here remembered seeing this hallmark discussed in past posts. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

And I really like the buckle.

3 Likes

Yeah I also had the thought that a similar or possibly the same mark had been posted on here recently.

3 Likes

I think this was one of the posts I was remembering (I often go back and read old threads), but I agree with OrbitOrange that this mark was also discussed on here more recently. Anyone recognize this mark

The hallmark isn’t exactly the same, but it’s another chip inlay piece.

2 Likes

Thanks for trying to get help with this!!

2 Likes

Oops…I deleted cause I commented on the wrong post. :flushed:

1 Like