I’d love to see more Spiderweb turquoise

@Ziacat HaHa, I do the same thing; default to Kingman!

2 Likes

And if @jason could (pretty please) go back up to the top of this thread and see if he thinks the cuff I posted could possibly be Stormy Mountain? Don’t know; just was told that.

I like it…loan mountain…

1 Like

The non Navajo Fred Thompson…

2 Likes

uh,sorry if I’m enabling here but just saw this=
ebay item number

I’d rather hear “thanks,but no thanks” than “why the blank didn’t you tell me?”

4 Likes

@Bmpdvm Thanks! Yes, it is natural and has such a neat pattern that reminds me of water and algae floating on top, ha. That black spot on the bottom is in the rock, too, even though it looks like tar smeared on it.

3 Likes

Soooo beautiful.
I agree @Jemez2, cosmic, shooting stars, night sky. You ever seen something so pretty it almost hurts to look at it.

4 Likes

I don’t think of it has Stormy Mountain, but you never know with turquoise. When I look at the stone I see a piece of Indian Mountain. I tried to find an image without brown or gold (which do exist) but this was the closest I could find. You will see how your color looks like this. Bob Brucia’s book Nevada Gem Collection has a stone that looks just like yours.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll look it up. The person that said Stormy Mountain was just making an educated guess. The place I bought it didn’t have the mine listed. But I’ve always loved the cuff and the stone.

1 Like

I had time on my hands tonight cuz my hubby is working, so I was looking through old posts. I found the post on your cuff! And I see that Jason thinks your turquoise is Indian Mountain. Which is funny, because that’s what he thinks the cuff that I posted on this thread possibly is. Once again I love your cuff!

2 Likes

I looked up Indian Mountain turquoise and some of it does look like the stone on this cuff. I know I can never say for sure, but it makes me happy. I believe this is a Charlie John piece because of the hallmark, and because it seems to be in his style (bought it pawn at Shush Yaz in Gallup maybe 20 years ago). I knew it was a lovely piece when I bought it, and I loved the stone. I probably wear it more than any other cuff that I own. It just feels good on. Thanks again Jason!

1 Like

Still trying to figure out what it is! by Leonard Nez

8 Likes

Beautiful little pendant! My guess would be Indian Mountain, or less likely, Lander blue. See the examples from Gene Waddell:

1 Like

On the other hand,I’ll withdraw my Lander Blue thought. Per several knowledgeable resources, Lander Blue has a characteristic tell-tale black shadowing around each blue circle or technically referred to as “boytroidal” nodule. I am not not seeing this in this pendant. Another consideration, as always is Chinese!

1 Like

3 Likes

Hi @chicfarmer…just wondering who your mentor dealer was/ is. Just curious if it is someone I know from multiple NA Shows in the past. I think we all have people in our past who greatly influence our passion. Unfortunately many of mine have passed.

2 Likes

@Blackturtlehawk . Nice assortment of types of spiderweb! Do you know the type of turquoise in large pendant with the tight spiderweb? That’s the type I have difficulty identifying with any degree of certainty. Thanks for sharing your pieces.

2 Likes

Actually I posted it here on this platform for help with identifying the locality and it was identified as Chinese turquoise, I was hearing from Durango turquoise website that it’s the future of fetching a large price. I bought it from a seller who couldn’t help me with that information as well.

1 Like

Regardless, it’s marvelous, the type of dense spiderweb I love!

2 Likes

Hiya, she’s long retired and living in FL and not doing shows at all. She did shows in the Midwest and Southwest but has been out of the biz for a while now.

1 Like

Years ago we had some pretty wonderful shows here in California. Dealers from throughout the US came and I got to know so many. I miss those days. I’m planning on going to the Heard Show in Phoenix in March if all the stars align. I need a southwest fix!

3 Likes