I’d love to see more Spiderweb turquoise

Love this thread. Thanks everyone for sharing. Going back and studying each piece.

3 Likes

This is my piece with Indian Mountain turquoise. I may have shown you before.

10 Likes

Here is a piece of tight spiderwebbed Chinese Cloud Mountain turquoise.

7 Likes

@Islandmomma you have some great pieces! I don’t have a known Indian Mountain or Cloud Mountain piece although some of the pieces I purchased years and years ago could be. Wish I would have kept better records back then😆

1 Like

I wish I were more on top of it. I have all the paperwork and stuff for most of the things I have bought but it’s not very organized. I need to find an app that I can use for inventory. Just haven’t stopped long enough to do it. Thanks for the compliment.

2 Likes

I hear you on that @Islandmomma! And unfortunately for me so much of what I collected in the past I would forget to ask about the stone. So many owners of shops/trading posts spent a lot of time sharing their knowledge. I have organized the receipts and info into one big Ziploc, and then into smaller bags corresponding to where they are from (southwest vs the Eiteljorg museum vs type of native art etc). I finally started writing down each item and the info (have only done my cuffs so far), because anyone but me won’t be able to connect the receipts with the actual items.

Since I didn’t always get as much info as I could when buying, it’s been fun to ask on here. Like the cuff I have that Jason thought could be Indian Mountain turquoise. It’s also where my being VERY careful where I buy at least panned out that the items are good. I may have not known what to always ask about, but I knew where to shop (and NOT to). The book Trading Post Guidebook really was my guide.

And love that cuff!!!

2 Likes

This nice large pendant is one of the first pieces of Native American jewelry I purchased from a local gallery which closed years ago. I don’t think I was told (or even asked) about the type of turquoise, but since it is spiderweb, I’m asking for opinions. Back then, in my novice collector ignorance, I thought it might be No 8. I’ve since decided that I don’t know, and because of the size, it might be Chinese. Any thoughts are appreciated…

9 Likes

Do you remember the year?

1 Like

I believe it was in the late 1980’s.

1 Like

It is difficult, I want to say it is Chinese Turquoise. You see Kingman that has a similar style water web just the pattern seems different.

3 Likes

Thanks…because of its size (2.5” x 1.5) I’ve thought it’s likely Chinese. The tight light blue spiderweb is interesting.

1 Like

I love this spiderweb from the kingman mine! I never knew it produced so many versatile grades!
I saw some pin web patterns of turquoise from this mine which is impressive.
I noticed that I can see the color from further away as if it has some inner fire in comparison to other turquoise I have in my collection.
I heard if turquoise can be seen from far away it’s also considered good quality is that true?
Thank you

4 Likes

Don’t know about being seen from far away, but Kingman spiderweb is wonderful! I think there is quite a bit of it out there but your pendant is beautiful! I’m posting one of my newest rings - it’s also Kingman spiderweb, but a tighter web than yours.
Thanks for sharing

7 Likes

@Bmpdvm Steve Arviso is without doubt one of the current greats, and he always uses gem-grade material. Congrats on this beauty! :partying_face:

2 Likes

@Bmpdvm This is a beautiful web pattern! The ones that I’m in love with has a pin head pattern and I’m mad that I had an opportunity to grab it but someone beat me to it!

2 Likes

I wish I could give more than one heart! I LOVE this ring.

1 Like

@Blackturtlehawk That certainly happens, I know the feeling! But, over the years I’ve come to understand that if you miss out on something you love…there will always be something else down the road😉

3 Likes

@chicfarmer Thanks! My favorite Royston ring is also by Arviso…
(I need to get a better picture outdoors😊)

5 Likes

@OrbitOrange Thanks! I picked it up at Garlands on our way home from Phoenix. Hope you found some treasures at the show or in Scottsdale! Sorry we couldn’t meet up…it was such a busy weekend!

2 Likes

I was wondering if that was a Heard Market weekend find–you did well! And yes, the weekend flew by, it’s too bad we missed each other. I kept the spending surprisingly under control but I did pick up a few new treasures that I’m happy with!

2 Likes