Indian Silver and Knife Photography

Yea…well, I’m just about out of silver stuff any way, I might just have to bust out them big chunky Santo Domingo necklaces on y’all next time. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

TAH made me have to go out and get a very slightly used Buck 110. It has 2 scratches on the upper bolster that keep it from being perfect.
Darn you Tah!:grin:

Oh!.. and my new Conestoga bolo and buckle set.

6 Likes

Hey AC,

Glad to see you finally own a REAL knife! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

According to the date code on the blade stamp, your 110 was made in 2017 and has a 420HC stainless steel blade. If the two scratches on the bolster bother you, they might buff out with Flitz, which is a polishing paste. If Flitz doesn’t work, another option would be to send your knife to Buck with a money order for $6.95 and the knife will come back like new. Regardless, you now own a true American classic with a lock that locks open like a bank vault. Congrats! :smiley: :+1:

Great looking bolo and buckle set, as well. The inlay work is amazing. Zuni made?

1 Like

Hey Tah, the same Buck 110, it’s been living in my pocket everyday for the last 10 months or so. Working on some patina on the bolsters. Only 40 more years to go. LOL

5 Likes

110 is looking good, AC! The patina on those bolsters is coming around. I took my 110 on vacation to Utah and Arizona this summer. It makes a great all-round knife for travel. Anyway, we were on the Navajo Reservation for a few days and during that time, I saw two Navajo men carrying a 110 in the black leather Buck sheath. Those guys know their knives. :+1:

I’m still diggin’ that buckle of yours. I’ve been into Zuni inlay recently. :slightly_smiling_face:

Updated photo of my beloved Buck 110 and a super cool Mexican-handmade belt sheath… :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

What a beautiful photo! When I saw it I made a little squeaky sound! :rofl:

2 Likes

Thank you! I know the feeling. I make a little squeaky sound every time I mess up and need to retake a photo. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Here’s a Case pocketknife made between 1940-1964. The butterfly “spacer” on the hatband was an extra off of my wife’s concho belt. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

@TAH When I turned this picture on its side it looks like its a reflection of half of itself on still water! I guess you recognize it, it’s your buckle from the second post in this thread.

6 Likes

Hi Jeff, it does look like a reflection. Cool illusion and good observation! :+1:

1 Like

Oh my, awesome buckles. I know next to nothing about knives, but my dad would loved this thread - he loved both too. Unfortunately he passed back in 81. But he had a Dan Simplicio buckle he got in 1971 that I inherited. I do wear that! Girls wear buckles too…

2 Likes

My pictures aren’t as beautifully composed as yours! However, here are my Frye boots, my sandcast cuff (thoughts on turquoise type appreciated!), and my son’s Navajo-handmade antler knife and sheath.

I gave the knife to him as a gift last Christmas, and we love the turkey carved into the handle. He was born in November, so this was fitting that he’s my turkey baby. Somewhere I have the name of the artist who made the knife and sadly, he passed away during the pandemic, according to the shopkeeper where I bought it. :sweat:

4 Likes

Love the boots! I bought a new pair of Tony Lama boots in Cody WY last year. I call them my “real” cowboy boots, cause have a pair I got back in the 90’s that are 9West that are my “fake” boots. I do ride, but I ride English so my cowboy boots are just for fun.

And that is a beautiful cuff. I feel like I have learned a lot through the years about Native art, but I give up trying to guess where the turquoise came from. When in doubt say Kingman!

@Xtina Good looking set of life’s three most essential items - Indian silver, knife, and boots. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

That’s just plain funny! :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks, y’all! Agree, @TAH. :grin:

@Ziacat oh, I love cowboy boots. Another English rider here, but I’ll still wear cowboy boots! I’ve also got a pair of Tony Llamas that have held up beautifully for the past 25 years. They’re still in my rotation!

2 Likes

Was bored last night, so I whipped out the camera. Another pic of my Buck 112 knife that I got in 1973. We have been on many trail rides and adventures together. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

I think I’ll join in.

Pawn Hopi pendant, Navajo ring, cast Navajo buckle bought in '69 inherited from my mom, and…knife from unknown department store :grin: all on a circa 2014 Nova Scotian moose antler.

Seriously, my dad did have a small collection of knives which we decided when my mom died to pass on to my brother’s grown boys. I kept two that had bone handles that I believe dad bought in Canada when I was a kid. However knives really aren’t my thing, so I passed them on to my two Godsons who live in Phoenix and love knives. So we’ll pretend my kitchen knife is just standing in for one of my dad’s.

BTW I love all the photos in this post; they’re awesome! Great way to display jewelry.

8 Likes

That moose antler makes a nice display. Did you find it?

2 Likes

It does, doesn’t it! Found it in a gift shop on Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia. My husband pointed it out, because he couldn’t tell if it was a wood carving or real because of the weathering. The owner said they know a guy who goes out in the spring and looks for shed moose antlers. He only found one that year, this one, so we got lucky! It was only 30$ in Canadian. We keep it leaning up against the brick on our fireplace. It’s one of my favorite things.

We also inherited a full grown, although small, taxidermy black bear my dad had in his store. That might make a fun display.

2 Likes