Indian Silver and Knife Photography

@Ziacat The butter knife cracked me up!! More so because I didn’t notice it at first for looking at the other pieces. When my brain locked onto it, I let out a pretty good cackle! :rofl:

1 Like

Haha love it–Indian Silver and knife! You checked the boxes. And you forgot to mention the awesome Two Gray Hills rug its all on!

2 Likes

I’m glad you got my humor; I hoped no one thought I was making fun of the thread. I had been looking at old posts and enjoyed this one, but didn’t have a proper knife, so came up with a silly solution.

3 Likes

Buck knife, circa 1970 with my 1920s concho buckle and Stetson hat with a horsehair hatband and stampede strings. Of course, I couldn’t resist adding the vintage butterfly spacer and bolo tips. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

TOPIC: Indian silver and knife photography
REQUIRED ELEMENTS: some cool silver and a blade. Camera.
EXTRA CREDIT: cool props, settings, backgrounds, or special FX

Sorry I’ma little late to the party, traffic.

On your left is a 2 piece buckle and keeper by Allison Snowhawk Lee. At the 1 o’clock position is an unsigned cuff bracelet that was close by. A Pueblo necklace that insisted on front row seating.

Oh yeah, a 7 dot Case XX Stainless USA Bone 6246R Riggers Knife with marlin spike.

5 Likes

I love your photo and stuff, Steve! You have a for real knife (unlike my kitchen one LOL). Is the box birch bark (part of it anyway)? And what is the stone?

My little cuff and yours look to be related.

What do the side of yours look like?

2 Likes

Well done, Steve! A+ for effort and content. Love those old Case knives. Long live 1973! :+1:

Dang Pueblo jewelry…always trying to steal the show. I’d compliment it, but it would only get a bigger head. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Thank you. The rock is a flat lap polished banded agate sharing drawer space with side views of the cuff.

The 8 drawer dovetail jointed oak chest with the bark and twig tree embellishments is a recent visitor that is still in the research and decision stage. Unidentified by any label or marks as to whodunit, each drawer is lined, cushioned & had been used as a jewelry box by previous owner.

There is a single larger version of a bark and twig tree on both sides.

The rug snuck in while the wife was at the barn and tag says Artesanias mayo 100% wool made in Mexico

3 Likes

stay tuned for future episodes :sunglasses:

need to get my monitor upgraded so I can see what the camera is seeing

3 Likes

I wondered if that was an agate. I love the box. But being a northern girl at heart, I’m drawn to birch bark and pine trees. When we would go to Ontario back in the day, my dad would take shed birch bark off the ground, and I would write letters to my friends on it (remember actually writing and sending a real letter?).

Can you post a pic of the side of your cuff to see if it’s the same as mine? The rest looks so much like yours.

I just saw the side views of it. No, it is different than mine.

Steve,

Touché! 1960s Navajo sandcast buckle with channel inlay and a Case XX U.S.A. Bone 6244 Jack Knife (1965-1969). :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

oh oh…I smell a throwdown comin :sunglasses:

1 Like

:nauseated_face: Oh, wait. My bad. You said throwdown, not throwup. Never mind. :+1:

1 Like

And… a hoofpick?? :horse_racing:

Love the buckle

4 Likes

Digging way into the back of the junk drawer a 19th Century small swiss multi blade knife stamped Schneider asked to see some daylight.
Schneider, Geneva was listed as an exhibitor at the 1876 Philadelphia Expo. This small multi-tool is in rough shape but has found safe haven from further use and abuse.

A pair of unsigned feather dangle turquoise earrings kickin back lookin left.

Standing tall & watching over this mess is a Red Mill Mfg. crushed pecan shells American Indian statue. I can’t say for sure if that spear is original or he just finished a tasty bison meatpop from the state fair.

5 Likes

Cool statue and little knife. Tortoise shell scales? In keeping with your theme, the closest photo I have on hand is my Buck 112, that I’ve owned since age twelve, resting on a Bill Nebeker bronze sculpture.

5 Likes

“The first semi- synthetic plastic, and the first material used to imi- tate tortoise shell, was cellulose nitrate, also known as Celluloid, which was invented in 1862 by Alexander Parkes

https://www.gia.edu/doc/SP06A3.pdf

3 Likes

I’m loving the hoof pick

2 Likes

Thanks. It’s old. It’s been in our family what seems like forever.

1 Like