Interesting thrifting find

That’s beautiful Stracci :smiley: i would have purchased that beauty too. Great find :smile:

1 Like

I had no idea they were that expensive until I researched them. I had a necklace with some small six layer beads on it. I don’t know enough to buy them though, all of mine were thrift or flea market finds. I kinda remember seeing a chevron necklace worn on here. I can’t remember who it was but it was beautiful :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I believe that is @AC , who has a fabulous strand.

1 Like

Ok good, then my memory isn’t so bad. Thanks so much Stracci :grin:

1 Like

Thanks to @Steve’s sharp imaging I was able to turn up a crafter on Etsy selling their bronze recast from a German original. Is yours bronze, @CyanideRose18?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/912636751/ornate-floral-cross-necklace-antique

2 Likes

Since we are sharing crosses:

6 Likes

The one I have is sterling silver :smiley:

2 Likes

That is a beautiful rosary Steve :smile:

1 Like

So, what are “six layer” beads? Trade beads? Chevron beads? (are those the multicolor, fluted looking beads in the necklace?)

2 Likes

@CyanideRose18, @Stracci, @Patina This is my strand of Chevron beads, I don’t know if it’s the ones you were talking about or not! If it was it would have been in this last pic that you saw it, in a thread about “Do you ever wear more than one ring at a time”.

12 Likes

@AC
Yes, that’s the necklace!
Stunning!:heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

@AC Thanks, that’s helpful. I can see more clearly that these chevron beads aren’t fluted. I’m not a bead person so am unfamiliar with some of the bead terms used in this thread.

3 Likes

Yes, that is the beautiful necklace I remember :smiley: Thanks so much for sharing it again.

1 Like

Hey Jeff, I’m diggin’ those cuffs. The one on your right wrist is spectacular. Seeing your Rainbow Man ring made me wonder, did you ever decide on a display for your Rainbow Man collection?

2 Likes

Oh my! Don’t they check for gold items before they throw them in the bags? congrats on some good deals.

1 Like

They do now and for a while they were pricing them higher and selling them separately, just recently they would told to no longer mark silver or gold on the tags and price them lower like they would price fashion jewelry because not everyone knows jewelry and they want it to be fair. Since then I found a 14k gold bangle with diamonds and sapphire and a 10k 1 1/2ct diamond tennis bracelet for $17.99 each in the display case and quite a few piece of silver in bags and the occasional gold piece here and there :smiley:

3 Likes

I did a search on Newspapers.com for Albert Kraisinger.
He was a highly respected and rather wealthy member of the community.

3 Likes

@TAH I made a post when I first got it!

3 Likes

I did get a wall mounted locking display box but have not pursued putting it together yet! I still have to get enough black velvet to cover the gray background!

3 Likes

That will look great! Looks like there will be plenty of room to add more. Looking forward to seeing it when finished.

2 Likes