Trying to date a squash blossom and sandcast braclet

Hi everyone! Thanks for this amazing forum, I’m learning so much already! Thought I would share and ask… I inherited two beautiful pieces from my Grandmother, I believe she aquired them in the 60’s, but I’m not certain. There are no hallmarks. Not sure what type of turquiose it is. The stone on the bracelet is badly cracked. Necklace appears to be in better condition. Any information about dates/value/turquiose type is greatly appreciated!

Uploading: 20220818_191448.jpg…

Thank you!

6 Likes

Beautiful pieces! I know the stone is cracked but I LOVE that sand cast cuff, and so special that they were your grandmother’s. I’m not great at judging age, but the patina on them is lovely.

2 Likes

I think maybe around the 60’s. I’m still learning too. Handmade fluted beads with a pretty piece of turquoise in the Naja. It’s a shame the turquoise in the cuff is broken. Nice set.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m thinking late 60’s mostly because I know that’s when my Grandmother traveled to the southwest. But, I also found a few other posts here of very similar necklaces, with the fluted beads (apparently called ‘hogan’ beads). Most have been dated 60-70’s. I’ll post links for others looking for similar styles:

I’m no good at dating things, but I think they’re killer pieces!