1 Like

Star Liana York

Story Teller, A Time Before Talking Leaves

Fabric Of Life “Spring”

Autumn Harvest

Fabric of Life, Winter Warmth

Fabric of Life, To Market

The Art Spirit, Maria Martinez

Portrait of the legendary New Mexico potter Maria Martinez was commissioned by the Millicent Rogers Museum in Taos. The artist worked closely with Maria’s grand-daughter, capturing the essence of the potter’s warm spirit.

6 Likes

Maynard Dixon

Navajo Mother, 1945

9 Likes

Artist’s name is Walking Thunder. She is a Navajo Medicine Woman.

Pottery of Courage (sand painting)

2 Likes

Louis De Mayo

Navajo Couple, 1981

Navajo Man, 1981

5 Likes

Ross Stefan (1934-1999)

Trail of the Rainbow, 1967. Concho belt on right.

Not really seeing any jewelry in the painting below, but certainly one of these guys is wearing a belt buckle. :wink: Regardless, it was too beautiful to not post.

Navajo Country

Artist photo

7 Likes

I’ve always loved his work. Thanks especially for posting that one! There’s just something about his work that really gives me such a feel of the desert southwest. If I had any more room on my walls, I’d probably hang a poster/print of one of his works. Bet they have some at the Eiteljorg.

Remington is also one of my favorites. I have his The Fall of the Cowboy in a prominent position over our fireplace. But no turquoise in that one.

2 Likes

Love these! And there’s that belt buckle!

1 Like

Hyrum Joe, Navajo

Oh, to be so young and talented. I can’t even get the toaster setting right. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Wow, this guy’s work is exceptional! I just checked out his IG page.
What a talent!

3 Likes

More from Allen Bahe. The silver jewelry on these Navajo Yei just pops out of the paintings.

5 Likes

Happy New Year everyone!

Monument Valley/Navajo Tribal Park entrance with Great Seal of the Navajo Nation and bronze family statue by Icon Bronze, LLC.

6 Likes

Was just finishing up my Dec issue of AZ Highways, and this was on the back page. I do believe Santa has a turquoise buckle!

6 Likes

Jim Schaeffing (1920-2020)

Pretty Navajo

This artist has an interesting bio. He worked for all the major motion picture studios as a designer illustrator. His accolades include Tora, Tora, Tora, Patton, Planet of the Apes w/Charlton Heston, It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, and most notably Mary Poppins to name a few. Here is one of his Mary Poppins illustrations…

5 Likes

Huihan Liu, Chinese.

Navajo Beauty

7 Likes

A few paintings depicting Anglo women wearing turquoise jewelry…

Israel Holloway, Turquoise

Tate Hamilton, Cowgirls Rule

Leslie Singer, Cowgirl Cait

7 Likes

Cochiti Pueblo pottery - Storyteller figurines with little squash blossom necklaces. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Wow, I like this one. :+1:

Jim Abeita, Navajo on Horseback

The Diné with his rifle, sitting on his horse at a standstill, is probably looking for coyotes that have been attacking the sheep. The sky, ranging from blue to gray, would indicate blowing dust—therefore a reason for the kerchief over his face.

4 Likes

I really love these (the Yei) :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Beatien Yazz, Navajo

Going to the Rodeo

Squaw Dance Procession #1

Squaw Dance Procession #2

5 Likes