Turquoise Fashion

This thread is another spin-off of Turquoise Celebrities and Turquoise Artwork. Searching around the internet for whatever item I’m looking for, I often come across photos of turquoise jewelry being used in fashion advertisements. Of course, Ralph Lauren advertisements come to mind, but another example is I enjoy seeing which pieces of jewelry Double D Ranchwear selects to go with their clothing.

The other night, I was doing a little research on Hosteen Goodluck concho belts and stumbled upon this Instagram post. Personally, I think everything on this display - necklace, jacket, buttons, belt - is absolutely stunning. I want this outfit for my wife! :slightly_smiling_face:

Feel free to post other examples of turquoise fashion that you think is put together well.

9 Likes

don’t they have one big enough for you?

1 Like

I wish! I think I could pull it off. :grin:

2 Likes

I have a whole Pinterest page to Western/Turquoise fashion - I’m obsessed.

4 Likes

What about the squash blossom t-shirt?
Looks like the first one was designed by Dennis Hopper.

Sometimes I see knock-offs walking around my town, like this black one

5 Likes

This would be my complete wardrobe if I had unlimited funds - https://www.pinterest.com/margaretfarrn/oregon-cowgirl/

3 Likes

So I am a little different. I love all these looks, but if I wore them here I would look a bit costumey (is that a word?). One of my favorite ways to wear Native jewelry is with (for example) a black velvet T, faded jeans, and boots or ballet flats. So…this pic just totally does it for me.

Simple top, hair up, long earrings.

But this one is prob more my actual daily wear, especially since this was the belt (not buckle) I got for Christmas last year :grin:

I like this too…

I do love the hats, but not on me. I wear my cowboy boots, but tone them down. My dad used to wear pinstripe suits with his snake buckle and boots and looked pretty cool!

9 Likes

Oh, I see some Britwest in your feed :grin:

2 Likes

I’ll admit the older I get the more I am willing to get creative with what I wear - case in point, my most recent boot purchase

8 Likes

Gorgeous boots! Rocking the iridescent lavender look. Love it.

1 Like

I like Ralph Lauren’s casual look in this photo with his faded jeans and distressed leather jacket. The buckle ain’t bad either. :wink:

5 Likes

And leaning on that car might make anything look bad (good bad :grin:)

2 Likes

of course you can… :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, they’re pink in person, but the photos seem to lean towards lavender.

1 Like

Me too!
What do you wear them with? Here’s my Old Gringo boots that I looove but they ain’t made for walkin that’s for sure :frowning:

10 Likes

I have to have fairly flat boot heels since I damaged my feet in a sailing accident (long stupid story) - so I wear them with skinny jeans tucked in and different tops - I won’t be able to match the pink, but I don’t care, so makes it easier. I usually have a white or blue top (Turquoise, navy etc) and lots of jewelry.

3 Likes

Love those! I used to wear heels a lot, but now just occasionally. I think too many years of stuffing my feet in ice skates has given me problems.

@RedlandMaggie you can wear the pink boots with so many colors!

My 2 tone brown cowboy boots are fairly traditional, but I love them. I wore them last winter with tights, a brown pinstripe knee-length skirt, turtleneck, and leopard print cardigan (and turquoise of course). Works for northern IN.

I’d still like to get a good pair of plain black cowboy boots. I’ve got an old pair of black, white and red ones, but they aren’t what I call “for real;” they are 9 west. And they’re getting pretty beat up.

1 Like

Being the shop goodwill junky that I am, I have found 3 pair of Lucchese in my size, and 1 pair on eBay as well. My black Lucchese’s are men’s (the ball of my foot is wide from many years of highland dancing) and are gorgeous at a fab price. You just need to know your measurements as sometimes they don’t list an actual size, I’ve lucked out (stars aligned) a couple of times with fingers crossed - and on a pair of Caboots, they fit like they were made for me :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Those are some killer boots, Tara. Old Gringo does a good job of being creative and keeping things tasteful. We bought a pair for our daughter in Wyoming this summer. They were part of her college graduation gift. I was so proud of her for wanting Western boots. :grin:

2 Likes

I like the Ariat shirt…nice accessories she has!

I like a shorter choker style “squash” (even though it’s not, really).

5 Likes