Turquoise Fashion

Our 22 year old daughter heading out this evening for her boyfriend’s birthday dinner at Benihana. :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

You passed on your great southwestern style! Love the whole look :grinning: She’s making me wanna wear my boots to Church tomorrow…

4 Likes

Love that belt & outfit!!

2 Likes

Seriously, she has been wearing some sort of NA jewelry everyday since she was 5 years old. The larger ring on her left hand was made in Mexico. My parents bought it for me when we vacationed there in 1970.

5 Likes

I volunteer with a “Friends of the Library…” group. We hold a semi-annual “Big Book Sale” fundraiser to help support our local library system. Yesterday, I came across this donated cookbook. Ms. Butel is decked out in turquoise: rings (4), cuff, watch tips, belt, earrings, and a massive squash blossom necklace!

9 Likes

I wasn’t familiar with Ms. Butel, but now I am. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

@TAH Wow, she’s rockin’ the turquoise! Thanks for the additional photos.

4 Likes

She’s definite one of us! Ooh la la, the squash blossom on that cookbook!

4 Likes

Naiomi Glasses is now the first Artist in Residence at Polo Ralph Lauren.
She has designed textiles for a new sportswear line.

10 Likes

I have been following her on social media. What a lovely young lady.

2 Likes

Wow! Love her style. She certainly wears it well…but while cooking😳. Sometimes I’ll go for weeks+ just wearing a turquoise ring (which is taken off while cooking so it won’t get wet). I’m going to try cooking wearing 2 cuffs, multiple rings and a squash blossom (yeah right!)
Oh, and maybe a concho belt😂

4 Likes

@Patina, Did you buy the cookbook? Looks like a good one!

1 Like

Re Jane Butel: evidently she is still conducting cooking classes in New Mexico! Sounds like a kick. Anyone want to get a group together to attend…wearing boots and tons of jewelry, of course! What could be better than cooking and dining in a gorgeous setting with a fun group of turquoise lovers.
Coarse, this might eat into the turquoise budget a bit😬

2 Likes

@Bmpdvm No, I didn’t buy the cookbook. I was just salivating over all her turquoise, lol.

2 Likes

I must say I’m totally attracted to today’s Western Boho casual styles, with boots, fringed jackets, jeans, etc …you all have presented some delicious styles! Looking through an old Arizona Highways, I found fashion from Saks Fifth Avenue, Phoenix. I never knew Phoenix had a Saks😬. The clothing is not my cup of tea, but the jewelry is fabulous! This is from August 1974; how fashion has changed!

7 Likes

Laura Schara. I’m not at all familiar with Ms. Schara but, her turquoise jewelry sure caught my attention. From the blurb I read, she’s an outdoorswoman, TV personality, blogger, fashionista, etc.

7 Likes

Patina’s post made me realize I should post a pic of Brit West. Love her style, and she is a genuinely lovely person. I met her at an art fair in '17 in UT, and we have communicated numerous times over purchases.

4 Likes

I definitely drool over the yummies on the Brit West site -

2 Likes

Me too! I love how she described herself, a western retail therapist :laughing:

These glasses are incredible!
I don’t know who made them, but they sure are cool!

9 Likes