Turquoise jewelry I recently made

Gorgeous as always Stracci :grin: That stone is amazing, water web is one of my faves.

2 Likes

Will all the unloved & unused NA watch tips…you could have a good business model there. How cool to be able to interchange stones into beautiful watch tips.

Love that Mine 8 ring you made!

1 Like

@CyanideRose18
@nanc9354
Thanks for your nice words! I was happy it turned out well. I looked at that stone for a year, sitting on my workbench, and just didn’t know what to do with it.

Then…boom! I suddenly had an idea that I was excited about! The creative process is so weird sometimes!

2 Likes

I made a pair of simple earrings yesterday. The stones are matched Kingman cabs I bought a few days ago at my local Gem and Mineral show.

17 Likes

You do very nice clean work @Stracci. Nice pieces of jewelry.

1 Like

Thank you @StevesTrail for the kind words!
I try really hard to be neat with all my trimming, filing and soldering.
I make all this jewelry for myself, so I’m very particular about the final results!

2 Likes

Beautiful earrings Stracci. Love the blue tone in those stones :grinning:

2 Likes

Classic earrings, beautifully crafted. Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

wow…so precise and lovely. Well done!!!

1 Like

I just finished this pendant set with Sonoran Gold turquoise.
I’m loving this bright green!

18 Likes

Very nice and a great stone.

1 Like

Beautiful work! I really like how the bail for the chain is on the back, so it’s floating on the chain. The sketches are wonderful!

1 Like

Here’s a pendant that I just finished.
I had the stone for several years, but couldn’t get motivated to set it until today.
The stone is stabilized #8

14 Likes

Beautiful pendant Stracci. I feel you on motivation. I finally got motivated to polish and do some resurfacing yesterday. It’s been cold here but we finally had gorgeous weather, so I took advantage :smiley:

1 Like

Another pretty piece @Stracci . Thanks for sharing it.

1 Like

@CyanideRose18 @StevesTrail
Thanks!
Yeah, this happens to me frequently! I sit and stare at the stones, and nothing happens. The gears in my head refuse to turn. So frustrating.

Then suddenly, I get this fresh idea out of nowhere.
The creative process is baffling!

2 Likes

I know exactly how you feel. Same thing happens to me when I have to choreograph a skater’s program. Sometimes I’m like, I have no idea.

Lovely pendant!

1 Like

Your creativity shines here Stracci ! Bravo! Beautiful and well done!
I also am a creative…it’s quite a thing to try to create daily, exhausting, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.

1 Like

I`d love to learn to make jewelry. Wh ere does one find such resorces?

1 Like

I’m lucky to live in New Mexico, where the Native jewelry business is alive and well.
I met a lady silversmith from Zuni Pueblo, who gave me a crash course back in 2003. After that, I was on my own.
There are several shops nearby to purchase sterling and other supplies.
A lot of jewelers order from Rio Grande, a nationally known jewelry supplier.

3 Likes