Vintage Kingman and Hachita Cabs/Preforms

So excited to share.
My 1970’s to 1990’s Kingman cabochons and Hachita performs arrived yesterday.
They are more than I hoped for.

The Kingman depicts the many colors/patterns that came/come from this mine.

The Hachita is the classic, older variety, more blue than the photo shows.

Now, I really have to stop spending money on turquoise cabochons, preforms and rough.
I want to have some $ left to buy jewelry, lol.

11 Likes

Crazy how much variety! Some of them remind of what is in @Bluegreen’s necklace. Could it be Number 8?

4 Likes

Me too. I am beginning to really like the Kingman with black inclusions.
I was assured by the seller that the black was natural and not filler.

3 Likes

What a treasure, congrats on such an awesome find!

Did someone draw a few lines on one of the stones (a sketch for a carving perhaps) or is that a type of matrix?

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 18.04.12

3 Likes

That is the matrix I am falling in love with. Phil, who I purchased these from, has some old cabs with this black in them. Even though he is so honest and trustworthy, I had to examine them under high magnification.
Yes, that is part of the matrix.
I now have 4 of his vintage cabs with the black.

2 Likes

Wow, that is so cool! That one also catches my eye every time i look at the photos. I love how some of that matrix fades out, into a more ‘stormy’ way. Some of the others look just like the ocean photographed from above. Such incredible stones <3

1 Like

I need help understanding how the black “matrix” crosses the natural greenish-brown matrix that is evident in the cab. Matrix is the remnants of host rock within which turquoise forms; so these black markings don’t make sense from that perspective.
I’d appreciate any of you geologist giving a perspective…Thanks😄

2 Likes

@Bmpdvm That was exactly my question, though I didn’t know how to phrase it. Hope to be illuminated!

1 Like

Looks like sharpie to me. Maybe they were trying to darken some areas and did not clean the excess off

4 Likes