What's your "Go To" piece?

What’s your “Go To” piece? Perhaps it’s your favorite or most comfortable or most sentimental or it simply goes with everything in your wardrobe.

Mine is probably this sandcast buckle. I like its simple design, size, and dark patina and it looks good with all of my boots. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Great topic! Mine is this Edison Cummings bracelet with Bisbee turquoise. Like yours, it’s simply tufa cast with turquoise – two of my favorite things.

5099-EdisonCummings-RTP1

7 Likes

Awesome bracelet! Gorgeous stone and cool bezel.

1 Like

Thank you! That bezel is mind blowing, it looks like it was tufa cast too (but the seller said it wasn’t) so I guess Edison somehow fabricated it to integrate perfectly with the tufa cast. Brilliant.

5099-EdisonCummings-RTP4 5099-EdisonCummings-RTP5

7 Likes

I have been wearing this little one every day.

8 Likes

Hi! I have been wearing this piece everyday since I received it. I really like the weight and the mixture of styles. So far it’s sturdy enough to stand up to my beating, thank goodness :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

I have two bracelets that have a comfortable, heavy weight. Sometimes I wear them together with a twisted cuff that has no stones.

Neither has a hallmark. Does anyone know anything about either of these?

4 Likes

They are both Navajo, the bottom one I would say 1970s. The top one is very similar to a style that Andy Cadman makes today. Bot ave great looking rocks.

So once again I am joining an old post late. But it’s a great thread; I love everything you all have posted. I have a hard time with a “go to” piece, because I regularly wear so much of what I own. But I tried to narrow it down…

I love this cuff, and couldn’t wear it for awhile till I got it fixed last summer. I bought the ring at the store where I got the cuff fixed, and wear it a LOT.

I pretty much wear one of my Britwest leather cuffs every day, and of course the (Navajo and Kewa) wedding bands are always on.

Would love to see some more from others!!

6 Likes

Ziacat, any information on the top cuff? That’s a nice piece.

1 Like

I wear the one in my profile pic daily. I made it in the 1980’s and still love it.
If my finger is swelling, I need to take it off.

2 Likes

Thank you! I don’t have a lot of info on it. I bought it at Ogg’s maybe 10 years ago. Jeff said it was older, maybe 50’s. He also said it looked Navajo, but he felt it might be Zuni. I posted on it here last fall. Here’s the link.Unusual cuff

2 Likes

I love the heart cuff :blush: Is it a one of a kind piece?

1 Like

It is not. It’s by Britwest, a great jewelry company, created and owned by a (non native) gal named Brittain Roberts. She makes a lot of cuffs with old found leather. This cuff is made with an old driving reign and carved stabilized Kingman turquoise. I have quite a few of her cuffs, because I love the combo. She does have some one of a kind and made to order pieces, but what I have is off her website. I usually don’t order jewelry online, but I met her and saw her stuff at an art fair in UT years ago, so I know what to expect. Thanks!!

1 Like

Thanks so much. I will take a look. I wash my hands a lot, so I always worry about damaging the leather. It’s really nice :blush:

1 Like

imma have to check out Britwest. I don’t wear heart jewelry, but i LOVE the leather cuff with a big set stone like that!

1 Like

She’s got some fun stuff, and her website is just pretty cool. And she also works with quite a lot of Navajo artists. I have another of her cuffs that’s a big natural Kingman stone set in a cross, which is my favorite. The heart one was my Christmas present. She had a fun video where she went to Kings Saddlery in Sheridan and they were giving her a bunch of their old leather. I’m a horse person so I was drawn to that.

Thanks! I wouldn’t worry about hurting old leather. The leather she uses has already been through the ringer and she just worked hard to soften it back up. I just clean it once in a while with some leather conditioner. And of course I’m careful with the stones.

You’re so welcome. Thanks so much for your insight, that helps a lot. I like the bracelet with multiple hearts too but I like the one you have better.

1 Like

Although the vast majority of my turquoise pieces are Native American made, my go-to piece is a ring made by Geoff Cook who used to have a kiosk at the Copper Queen Hotel in Bisbee. Its not my most expensive, not my largest, not even my prettiest or favorite piece, but it is the first one I reach for on a daily basis.

Geoff spent a lot of time educating me on Bisbee turquoise and when nothing in his case “spoke to me”, he brought this one ring from home and I knew IT was the one.

Last year after learning of his passing, I reached out to his son Geoff Cook Jr. and purchased a few more rings in this unique style, but none have that same feeling I get from this one.

4 Likes